Over the past few days I rewrote the UI both for this blog and for the aforementioned anagram solver. I didn’t like any of the available Tumblr themes, so I wrote my own in a much more minimalist style.
I did the same thing with my anagram solver, but a lot simpler - just black and white.
What really saved the day was Google Web Fonts. It’s a really neat concept: basically, you load your font from Google and then you can use whatever font you like without needing to worry that your users have it installed. They have a large selection of clean, modern fonts and it was the work of probably 30 seconds to get a font set up and loaded and it vastly improved the quality of both my anagram solver and my blog.